Children's Trend Direction | Fall-Winter 2019-2020: Levittown
Leading trend forecaster, Fashion Snoops, takes you through one of the biggest trends for Fall - Winter 2019-2020 in children's fashion - Levittown.
Explore the colors, fabrics, looks from the runway and more from this trend below.
Named after the cookie - cutter, suburban communities of the 1950's, the Levittown narrative represents the underbelly of the American dream. Created as an oasis from congested city life, these developing communities were made available to war veterans wanting to start afresh and retreat to the suburbs. With homes being built assembly style at lightning speeds (each home included a lawn, picket fence and modern appliances), young families fled apartment living for space and solace in the country. But behind this white picket fence illusion was the reality the these homes were only available for white families, consciously creating segregated communities. The Levittown narrative explores gentrification, the erosion of both city life and small towns and the harsh reality behind the screen of suburban bliss. Inspired by mid-century clothing, Levittown views classic Americana with a modern lens. Tweed-like pants are done in a jogger silhouette, varsity jackets updated in colorful shearling and ribbed basics sport retro patterns. Faded washes, jagged hems and pieced- patched effects speak to life's hardships while the color palette pulls from both pastoral and industrial influences with retro pops.
LEVITTOWN | MOOD BOARD
LEVITTOWN | COLORS
Girl's Color Combinations
Boy's Color Combinations
LEVITTOWN | FABRICS (GIRLS)
Patchwork Canvas • Brushed Suede • Lurex Yarn
LEVITTOWN | DESIGN DETAILS (GIRLS)
Crafty Embroidery • DIY Patchwork • Striped Rib Knit
LEVITTOWN | PATTERNS + GRAPHICS (GIRLS)
Faded Blossom • Patched Repair • Timeworn Basics
LEVITTOWN | FABRICS (BOYS)
Striped Textures • Pinstripe Denim • Houndstooth Tweed
LEVITTOWN | DESIGN DETAILS (BOYS)
Retro Piecing • Baseball Stitching • Pocket Embossing
LEVITTOWN | PATTERNS + GRAPHICS (BOYS)
Moving Forward • American Made • Gentrification
LEVITTOWN | KEY ITEMS (GIRLS)
1. Trimmed Jacket • I Pinco Pallino | 2. Pieced Denim Top • Andorine | 3. Utility Jumpsuit • Andorine | 4. Intarsia Sweater • Little Remix
5. Denim Set • Monnalisa | 6. Plaid Blazer • Little Remix | 7. Pleated Skirt • SVNTY | 8. Retro Top • Indee
LEVITTOWN | KEY ITEMS FOOTWEAR + ACCESSORIES (GIRLS)
1. Patchwork Cap • Repose | 2. Plaid Chelsea Boot • Sonatina | 3. Velvet Baseball Cap • Monnalisa | 4. Embellished Sneaker • Naturino | 5. Varsity Ankle Boot • Dolce Aela
LEVITTOWN | KEY ITEMS (BOYS)
1. Plaid Blazer • Velvetten | 2. Alphabet Shirt • Barn of Monkeys | 3. Graffiti Zip-Up • Neil Barrett | 4. Track Pants • Grunt
5. Rocker Tee • Neil Barrett | 6. Track Denim • MSMG | 7. # Tee • Blake | 8. Pop Pocket Twofer • LEGO
LEVITTOWN | KEY FOOTWEAR + ACCESSORIES (BOYS)
1. Arrow Backpack • CeLaVi | 2. Chunky Beanie • Boboli | 3. Printed Bootie • Camper | 4. Hybrid Sneaker • Shoo Pom | 5. Knit Sneaker • Ike Behar
TREND FORECAST PROVIDED BY
Fashion Snoops is a global creative agency that helps brands and companies harness future trends and act on the opportunities they bring. FS provides consulting services to global fashion and consumer product brands, as well as SaaS solutions wired for creators - allowing them to create smarter.
Headquartered in NYC, Fashion Snoops has clients and contributors in 50 countries around the globe. For more information visit, fashionsnoops.com