Children's Trend Direction | Fall-Winter 2019-2020: Norrland
Leading trend forecaster, Fashion Snoops, takes you through one of the biggest trends for Fall - Winter 2019-2020 in children's fashion - Norrland.
Explore the colors, fabrics, looks from the runway and more from this trend below.
The northernmost, least populated region of Sweden, Norrland conjures images of expansive forest, extreme winter climes and breathtaking night skies. This is the backdrop for our near-future world -- deep in the Nordic woods where striking, modern structures dot the snowy canvas in a telling contrast of untouched nature and the modern world. And while technology has altered almost every aspect of our everyday life, our relationship to clothing has remained relatively unchanged. This narrative honors both the drive for change and the nostalgia for time-honored fabrics to calm and protect. Tech and cozy combine on durable, functional apparel that both comforts and fits seamlessly with our daily needs. Nordic pastels create a soothing palette inspired by wintry landscapes, northern skies and modern monochrome.
NORRLAND | MOOD BOARD
NORRLAND | COLORS
NORRLAND | FABRICS (GIRLS)
Knit Clusters • Cropped Shearling • Matte Quilting
NORRLAND | FABRICS (BOYS)
Coiled Knits • Stretch Pleating • Wool Moss
NORRLAND | DESIGN DETAILS (GIRLS)
Shearling Collar • Knit Stitching • Metal Hooks + Clasps
NORRLAND | DESIGN DETAILS (BOYS)
Oversized Hood • Layered Sleeves • Structured Pockets
NORRLAND | PATTERNS + GRAPHICS (GIRLS)
Abstract Solstice • Creature Comforts • Quiet Dots
NORRLAND | PATTERNS + GRAPHICS (BOYS)
Off the Grid • Climate Change • Hyperbolic Texture
NORRLAND | KEY ITEMS (GIRLS)
1. Chic Jumpsuit • Donsje | 2. Corded Skirt • Long Live the Queen | 3. Ski Sweater • Milly Minis| 4. Wide Leg Trousers • Paade Mode
5. Mountain Cardi • Wander & Wonder | 6. Warm Shift • Oaks of Acorn | 7. Cozy Coat • Repose | 8. Pocket Skirt • Miss L Ray
NORRLAND | FOOTWEAR + ACCESSORIES KEY ITEMS (GIRLS)
1. Cozy Earmuffs • Boboli | 2. Furry Hybrid • Amiana | 3. Wild Backpack • Andorine | 4. Fleece Sneaker • Lucky Brand
5. Metallic Boot • Coco Jumbo
NORRLAND | KEY ITEMS (BOYS)
1. Updated Turtleneck • Tuc Tuc | 2. Knit Sleeve Hoodie • Diesel | 3. Dark Denim • Mayoral | 4. Puffer Vest • Egg
5. Pieced Sweatshirt • No Name Needed | 6. Graphic Sweats • Cherry Papaya | 7. Retro Jacket • Mads Norgaard | 8. Mountain Hoodie • MSGM
NORRLAND | FOOTWEAR + ACCESSORIES KEY ITEMS (BOYS)
1. Mountain Beanie • Wheat | 2. Knit Cowl • Desigual | 3. Fur-Trimmed Chukka • Foque | 4. Velcro Sneaker • Pepe
5. Cozy Hiker • Sole Play
TREND FORECAST PROVIDED BY
Fashion Snoops is a global creative agency that helps brands and companies harness future trends and act on the opportunities they bring. FS provides consulting services to global fashion and consumer product brands, as well as SaaS solutions wired for creators - allowing them to create smarter.
Headquartered in NYC, Fashion Snoops has clients and contributors in 50 countries around the globe. For more information visit, fashionsnoops.com